Sunday, February 22, 2015

Trust

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths."
~Proverbs 3:5~

My sister shared this verse with me today and boy has it been helpful. Sometimes the Lords timing doesn't make sense, sometimes we aren't sure where He's leading us, what we should do, how we should respond in certain situations, and the list goes on. But it doesn't matter. Trust Him. We aren't supposed to use our intellect to make sense of His ways. 

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways-oracle of the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
~Isaiah 55:8-9~

If understanding and intelligence were highly favored in the eyes of the Lord, then of what purpose would faith be? For faith is built upon what is invisible to our earthly eyes and understanding; and only through faith can we perceive, or at least trust and have hope in, the will of God (Hebrews 11). 
I've been asking God what He would like from me during this upcoming lent. Of course He is faithful and willing to respond.  Trust Him. Have faith. Stay in the present.
In other news, the past few weeks have consisted of COLD. And SNOW. Lots and lots of snow. We've been sick with colds, and the temps outside have been unbearably cold, and we've had snow storm after snow storm. So runny noses, Kleenex, and cough drops have been our close companions lately. But hey, if we have to be stuck inside due to sicknesses, it might as well be while we are stuck inside anyway due to snowy and cold conditions outside. 

Because I can't resist taking pictures of beautiful sunsets.

Most every evening there's a lovely sunset to behold, I tell Teá, "Oh my, look at that beautiful sunset Teá! And there's pink in it, just for you!" She always responds, "Oh, it's so pretty, that's such a pretty sunset!" It's become a ritual of sorts and it is even better when she's the one to point it out to me. 






The snow is DEEP and poor Jason has shoveled and shoveled and shoveled this winter. You wouldn't know it though as it continues to just pile right back up. Teá loves it though!





No comments:

Post a Comment