Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sick and Sleepless Kiddos

Teá woke up early Monday morning with a stomach bug. Even two days later she is still not herself and is feeling quite sick. After an almost sleepless night with Amaryn (more on that soon), I was tired this morning and knew it was going to be a lazy, long day. The moment I woke up and joined Teá and Jason at the breakfast table, Teá was asking me to hold her. She perched herself right on my lap for the next hour, and remained close to me all morning. She cried when I got up to get my coffee and went to the bathroom. It made me ever so grateful to just BE here with her. I have no where else to be, no chores or duties that can't wait until another day. I can just be her mommy and take care of her. I am ever so thankful to be home with my kids and not having the stress and pressure to balance work outside the home and mothering. I'm thankful Jason is so supportive of my role here and that we have a mutual respect for each other's daily duties, sacrifices, and roles. I wish everyone could be in a similar situation.

On another note, it seems as though we are purchasing the home I talked about in my previous post! Yay! I've been able to {mostly} keep everything in perspective and am very excited to move in another week or two. It is very good, and turns out the extra space is really going to come in perfect timing as Amaryn is desperately in need of her own area, at least while we work on getting her to sleep through the night. In her crib. Letting her cry it out in her crib while we are trying to sleep in our bed in the same room just doesn't work-and neither does two people sharing a rather small couch in the living room. Plus I don't like being those neighbors in the apartment complex that keeps everyone awake at night with a screaming baby. Two nights in a row now we have had to let her cry it out, regardless of being said neighbors, but after and hour and a half we decided to just give up for now until we have another room to put her in. Sharing the couch just wasn't cutting it. So, after bringing her back in bed with us, she still was crawling all over us, practicing standing up in the bed, and couldn't keep still. Once we finally fell back asleep, we awoke to a "Ka plunk!" and a screaming child who had fallen off the bed. Thank God she was OK. We on the other hand are still recovering. So scary.

Despite the lack of sleep and constant worry, she's still the cutest, chubbiest little thing. I gah over her and Teá all day, every day. 

Yummy.

The only picture I could get of Teá today. This is the happiest she has been in a couple days, but sadly it didn't last too long.

Amaryn can now pull herself up into the standing position. I love seeing her proud smile and her interest in the new level of things she can see and explore.

Holding on tight.

Getting upset because she doesn't know how to get herself down. 









1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy these little updates! I love and miss you dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete